Recently I’ve made a list of all books about retrospectives that I’m aware of for my Retr-O-Mat newsletter. Just in case you also want to explore this topic:
- Agile Retrospectives by Esther Derby & Diana Larsen
This is the classic. Very valuable! I’ve read it at least twice.
- If you’re German, check out:
Erfolgreiche Retrospektiven by Judith Andresen
I’ve been to one of Judith’s workshops and really like the activities as well as her additions to the “canon” such as a 0th phase and how to match activities to the team situation.
- Project Retrospectives by Norm Kerth
AFAIK the first book about retrospectives, albeit in a non-agile setting, i.e. retrospectives last longer and are less frequent.
- The Retrospective Handbook by Pat Kua
- Getting Value out of Agile Retrospectives by Ben Linders and Luis Gonçalves
- Retrospektiven in der Praxis by Marc Löffler
My very own Retr-O-Mat Print Edition is not really book, but just in case 😉
[This blog post was scheduled to be published before the author went on vacation and is valid without signature 😉 See you guys mid-December!]
Update 2016: In the meantime I’ve written an book on the retrospectives, filled to the brim with activities and other advice to improve you retrospectives.
Share this article: